Musical Monday vol. 7

Back after a week without internet. The joy! The delight!

Well, not so much with the joy. The things that amuse me have all become less amusing. The things I take pride in all make me feel less proud. I have, how do you say, gone stir crazy. Am rethinking all over again just what I want to do with my life. In terms of what I think it may be possible to do. And it is frustrating.

But I have been taking great comfort in playing the guitar and singing, making shiny sounds. I did write a new song last week, so I'll post it up here. It being Musical Monday and all.

[leave it to you]

the window is closed but the cold gets in anyway
I've stopped waiting for the day it finally melts
my coffee cup's empty but I've sucked down plenty
god said, "call me when you get over yourself"

Jesus, I swear I've been paying attention
paying attention is all I can do
Jesus I care, but I have no intention
I have no intention to leave it to you

I just thought of something to write on my resume
ten thousand hours in the fantasy war
boss lady will pay me but then she will say to me
"I never thought you could handle much more"

lady, I swear, I've been paying attention
paying attention is all I can do
you may get there without my intervention
but I've no intention to leave it to you

you shrug and tell me what's happened inside your head
month sober and you're dead under the skin
dressed up or naked I've never been faking it
but that ain't the reason we're living in sin

baby, I swear I've been paying attention
but paying attention ain't all I will do
if you can't bear what your cold hands are clenching
I have no intention to leave it to you

0 comments: